Thank you for your interest in my art! I am happy to offer commissions for watercolor, colored pencil, pen and ink, or graphite portraits done from your photos. I am happy to do pet portraits, people portraits, and even home portraits.
Graphite, Colored Pencil, or Pen and Ink Drawing Pricing
These prices are based on a plain background. An additional charge will apply for a scenic background. I can work with other sizes; just ask if you have a particular size in mind, and we can work out the price.
Prices do not include framing. Paintings are done on cold-press Arches watercolor paper with Daniel Smith watercolor paints.
Pricing includes first-class postage. For international first-class shipping, please add $10.
I create your portrait from your digital photos. The pose used will be the one in your photo. Photos taken at eye level have the best amount of detail, but there are exceptions to every rule. Additional photos showing more detail are always helpful. Photos that are well lit with good detail are the best. High resolution photos are even better as they allow me to zoom in to see more detail. If you send photos that I can’t work with, I’ll let you know up front.
- Contact me with the form below, letting me know the size and the number of subjects.
- I will contact you with an email where you can send the images. For high-resolution images, we can arrange to exchange the photos through Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Once I examine your photos, I will contact you. If the photos will not work I will let you know up front.
- I am estimating it will take no more than 2 weeks once I start your commission (likely less), but if there are other commissions ahead of yours, your commission will be put in the queue. I will keep a list of works in process and what is in the queue below so you can see when I estimate I will be starting your piece.
- Before I start your portrait, I will send you a Paypal invoice for 30% of the price to be paid in advance. This is not refundable. You can pay this with your own Paypal account or use a credit card to pay it. If you don’t know how to use Paypal, you can contact me with your credit card information.
- Keep an eye on my Instagram account to track the progress of your piece once I start it.
- Once I finish your piece, I will contact you to show you the finished piece for approval. I am willing to make small changes if you are not completely satisfied.
- At that point, I will send you another Paypal invoice for the balance. If you want to arrange to make payments, let me know, and I’m sure we can work something out, but the portrait will not be shipped to you until payment is complete.
- Once you pay, I will ship your portrait to you. It will be packed in a cellophane envelope with a rigid acid-free backing board inside a rigid envelope. I will supply tracking to you. Expedited shipping is available for an additional charge.
I retain my copyright to your portrait so you may not sell prints of it or create other items using it. I will not sell prints of your commissioned work without your permission. At this time, I do not offer prints, pendants, or other items, but that may change in the future.
Framing and Hanging Recommendations
I highly recommend professional framing to protect your artwork, but portrait sizes do allow you to buy your frame off the rack. I highly recommend a frame with a mat to set off your artwork well. Using acid-free tape is a must to keep adhesives from damaging your portrait. This can be purchased at any art supply store or on Amazon.com.
I recommend hanging watercolor artwork out of direct sunlight. I use the highest quality paints available, but even those may fade in direct sunlight. Framing with UV resistant glass or acrylic is recommended to reduce light damage.
Queue as of 09/10/2018:
J. Bailey – awaiting photos